1. Beard, J.B. 1964. Effects of ice, snow and water covers on Kentucky bluegrass, annual bluegrass and creeping bentgrass. Crop Science 4: 638-640
2. Beard, J.B. 1965. Effects of ice covers in the field on two perennial grasses. Crop Science 5: 139-140.
3. Tompkins, D.K., J.B. Ross, and D. L. Moroz. 2004. Effect of ice cover on annual bluegrass and creeping bentgrass putting greens. Crop Science 44:2175-2179.
4. Freyman, S. and V.C. Brink. 1967. Nature of ice-sheet injury to alfalfa. Agronomy Journal 59:557-560.
5. Tompkins, D.K., J.B. Ross, and D.L. Moroz. 2002. Dehardening of annual bluegrass and creeping bentgrass during late winter and early spring. Agronomy Journal 92:925-929.
6. Tompkins, D.K, C.J. Bubar, and J.B. Ross. 1996. Physiology of low temperature injury with an emphasis on crown hydration in Poa annua L. and Agrostis palustris. PTRC Report. web site: http://ptrc.oldscollege.ab.ca/researchreports.html
7. Rossi, F.S. 2003. New light on freeze stress. CUTT 14(3): 1,4