Graduate Controls Design Engineer.
Junior Controls Design Engineer.
Intermediate Controls Design Engineer.
Salary: Dependent upon position and skills & experience.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Controls Engineer to join a well-established and successful manufacturing business based in Suffolk.
Bernhard and Company Limited is a global leader in the mower grinder market and recognised as a leader on the subject of turf grass health and presentation. Our machines are the choice for over 75% of the US Top 100 and over 65% of the World Top 100 golf courses.
As a key member of our dynamic engineering team, you will design and develop high-quality, innovative, reliable, compliant, and commercially competitive electrical control systems with intuitive, engaging interfaces.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Designing control systems and electrical assemblies.
- Producing, managing, and maintaining reliable software for PLC, HMI and other devices.
- Creating clear and accurate technical documentation (including schematics, assembly drawings, BOMs and wiring diagrams) necessary for the specification, manufacture, assembly, testing and support of electrical package and software throughout product lifecycle.
- Designing and conducting practical functional tests, reliability tests and user trials.
- Ensuring electrical and controls compliance in international markets.
- Investigating change requests using a thorough and methodical approach.
- Continuous improvement of reliability and durability to support best in class warranty.
- Providing electrical engineering design support to the rest of the business.
- HNC/HND/Degree educated in a relevant engineering discipline is essential.
- Basic knowledge of writing PLC’s programs using Ladder Logic, FBD or Structured Text is essential (junior/intermediate position or knowledge of at least 1 programming language for Graduate Level).
- Experience in electrical fault finding of machines is essential (junior/intermediate positions).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role designing product or industrial equipment controls for small to medium production volumes is desirable (junior/intermediate positions or 1 Yr. work placement For Graduate level).
- Experience in the use of Solidworks Electrical, Eplan Pro Panel OR AutoCAD Electrical is desirable, however training can be provided.
- Knowledge of MRP, BOMs and product data management systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of electrical/machine legislation, British Standards, European and international standards is desirable.
- Familiar with design for assembly and design for serviceability.
- Analytical and logical problem solver.
- Must work well within a team as well as unsupervised, showing initiative as required.
- Excellent attention to detail and self-checking skills.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated with a positive, can-do attitude.